Hosted by Wellington City Council and the NZ Urban Design Forum, the conference will focus on shaping New Zealand’s cities and places by the sector collectively identifying key issues to bring about change. To be held from 14 – 15 May 2018 at TSB Bank Auditorium – Shed 6 Wellington, the program will look at the state of urbanism in New Zealand with an outcome to develop a ‘Statement on Urbanism’.
Topic areas for discussion include LIVE; MOVE; COMMUNITY and IDENTITY; HEART CENTRE; DESIGN; DEVELOP and DELIVERY.
Conference Program includes up to 50 speakers, 5 panel discussions, networking events and study tours in Christchurch, Auckland and Wellington. Feature speakers include:
- Phil Twyford: Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Minister of Transport
- Justin Lester: Mayor, Wellington City Council
- Dr Elizabeth Farrelly: author and commentator on architecture and public issues
- Patrick Reynolds: urban advocate
- Christina van Bohemen: NZIA President
- James Lunday: General Manager of Strategy and Regeneration Planning, Regenerate Christchurch
- Dr Rebecca Kiddle: Senior Lecturer, Environmental Studies, School of Geography, Environment and Earth Studies, Victoria University of Wellington
- Jonathan F.P. Rose: President, Jonathan Rose Companies, New York
- Nigel McKenna: Development Director, Development Advisory Services Limited
- Alistair Ray: Head of Urban Design, Jasmax
- Ben van Bruggen: Manager Urban Design Strategy, Auckland Council
- Adrienne Young-Cooper: Chairman of the Board, Housing New Zealand
- Connal Townsend: Chief Executive, NZ Property Council
- Dr Jessica Halliday: Te Putahi Christchurch Centre for Architecture and City Making
LAUNCH PROGRAM now released.
To join the conversation and find out more, register on the conference website www.urbanismnz.co.nz
Conference Sponsors: Wellington City Council, Urban Design Forum, Jasmax, Isthmus and Boffa Miskell.